What Do Lung Cancer Law Firms Do?
A lung cancer law firm secures financial aid for clients who were diagnosed with this cancer due to the negligence of corporations. Specifically, these law firms offer legal help to patients who developed lung cancer from exposure to asbestos fibers.
Since the 1930s, companies knew that asbestos increased the risk of lung cancer, mesothelioma, and other illnesses, but hid the truth for decades and let millions of people be exposed.
Asbestos lung cancer law firms can:
- Build legal claims or lawsuits for lung cancer victims
- File lawsuits against asbestos companies
- Pursue compensation for patients and families
- Secure financial aid through other legal options such as trust funds
Lung Cancer Group has partnered with a top law firm that has secured over $4 billion for those with lung cancer and other asbestos-related diseases.
If you or a loved one worked with or around asbestos and now has lung cancer, get a free case review to learn if you can work with our partner firm.
- Access Financial Aid and Justice
- Learn About Your Options
- Contact Us for Free
What Types of Lung Cancer Claims Do Law Firms Handle?
Lung cancer law firms can file standard lawsuits as well as asbestos trust fund claims. Learn about each below.
Lung Cancer Lawsuits
A lung cancer lawsuit allows patients to get financial compensation from the companies responsible for their asbestos exposure and diagnosis.
There are two types of lung cancer lawsuits:
- Personal injury lawsuits compensate people who developed lung cancer due to asbestos exposure.
- Wrongful death lawsuits compensate the family members of people who died from asbestos-related lung cancer.
The partner law firm of Lung Cancer Group can file both types of lawsuits and pursue the highest amount of financial aid available.
Asbestos Trust Fund Claims
Many companies that made and sold asbestos products filed for bankruptcy to avoid lung cancer lawsuits. However, bankruptcy courts required these companies to create asbestos trust funds.
As of August 2023, over $30 billion is available through these trusts. A lung cancer patient or their loved ones can work with a law firm to access trust fund compensation.
How Can a Lung Cancer Law Firm Help With Your Case?
Working with a lung cancer law firm can make the legal process much easier for patients and their families, allowing them to get financial aid with less stress. Learn about all the benefits that asbestos lung cancer law firms have to offer below.
Law firms consist of skilled attorneys, legal assistants, paralegals, investigators, and support staff. This team will work together to build a strong lung cancer lawsuit on behalf of their client.
Lung cancer law firms may gather the following evidence for a lawsuit:
- Interviews with third-party medical experts to confirm the patient’s lung cancer was caused by asbestos exposure
- Job descriptions and records revealing how the client was exposed to asbestos
- Medical records, imaging scans (such as chest X-rays and CT scans), biopsies, and blood tests showing the severity of the client’s lung cancer
- Medical bills showing the cost of a client’s lung cancer treatment options
Filing a Lung Cancer Lawsuit
Once a law firm has built a lung cancer claim or lawsuit, an attorney from the firm can file it in the appropriate court jurisdiction. This helps the clients avoid the hassle of filing themselves.
A lung cancer law firm will make sure to file the lawsuit before the state’s statute of limitations — a deadline for filing — passes.
Further, if a lung cancer patient wants to take legal action but the deadline has already passed, a law firm can help explore other options. For example, asbestos trust funds may have different filing deadlines than lawsuits.
A lung cancer law firm can also calculate damages — financial payouts a client may be owed following a cancer diagnosis.
There are three types of lung cancer damages:
- Economic damages are awarded for medical expenses, burial costs in wrongful death lawsuits, and other out-of-pocket bills.
- Non-economic damages compensate lung cancer patients for emotional distress, pain and suffering, and loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages punish the defendant (the party being sued) for outrageous conduct or willful negligence.
Our partner lung cancer firm has the dedication and skill to get top financial payouts for clients. Contact our team now to pursue compensation with our help.
Fighting for a Fair Payout
In almost all cases, personal injury lawyers from the firm will want to negotiate a payout through a legal settlement. In a lung cancer settlement, the defendants agree to compensate the patient rather than letting an in-person trial decide the case.
However, in the rare event a trial does occur, the lung cancer law firm will make sure to have a strong case ready to present.
In the case of asbestos trust fund claims, lung cancer law firms can identify any trusts that a client qualifies for at the start of a case. Then, the firm will make sure claims are quickly and accurately filed.
What to Look For in a Lung Cancer Law Firm
The best lung cancer law firms have the resources and experience to secure financial compensation for patients and their families.
Top qualities of lung cancer law firms include:
- Free consultation: Many leading lung cancer law firms will offer to review your case free of charge, meaning there’s no financial risk to you.
- Contingency fee policy: The best lung cancer law firms work on a contingency fee basis. This means the firm gets paid by securing compensation for you, and you pay nothing upfront.
- Specialization: Asbestos lung cancer lawsuits require a level of specialization that general law firms don’t have. Your firm should specifically file claims related to asbestos lung cancer or similar health problems, and understand state or local laws that could affect your lawsuit.
- Successful case track record: The law firm you work with should have a successful track record for managing asbestos lung cancer cases. If possible, ask for examples of past lung cancer settlements or verdicts.
- National law firm presence: Ideally, your law firm should have offices across the nation. Law firms with a national presence have more resources, staff, and expertise to fight on your behalf.
- Positive reviews and testimonies: Your chosen law firm should also have many positive reviews from past clients.
- A personal touch: The lawyers at a lung cancer law firm should respect the attorney-client relationship and be compassionate, and client-focused. Further, they should keep you updated as your case moves forward.
We can help you or a loved one find a top asbestos lung cancer law firm. Get started with a free case evaluation.
- Access Financial Aid and Justice
- Learn About Your Options
- Contact Us for Free
Find a Lung Cancer Law Firm Near You
Top lung cancer law firms throughout the country stand ready to help patients like you take legal action.
These law firms and the attorneys on staff will fight to secure financial aid for medical treatments, living expenses, and other costs that come after a lung cancer diagnosis.
Remember: Lung Cancer Group works with a law firm that’s retrieved more than $4 billion for lung cancer patients and those with other asbestos-related illnesses. Get a free case review now to find out if you are eligible.
Lung Cancer Law Firm FAQs
How much do lung cancer law firms charge?
Top lung cancer law firms don’t charge any upfront fees to work with them. Instead, the firms take a small percentage of the overall winnings they secure in a lung cancer lawsuit.
Do I have to work with a lung cancer lawyer for my case?
Yes, you should work with top lung cancer lawyers and law firms during your case. The right lung cancer attorney can properly build a lawsuit or trust fund claim, file it on your behalf, and secure the most compensation possible in your case.
You can theoretically file a lawsuit without a lung cancer law firm’s help, but it will be significantly harder. For example, you may miss important deadlines.
How can I find a top lung cancer law firm?
Call (877) 446-5767 now to connect with a top lung cancer law firm. At Lung Cancer Group, we work with a skilled law firm that’s recovered over $4 billion for past clients. Our firm can help you too if you’re eligible.