What to Know About Asbestos Law Firms
Asbestos law firms allow victims and their families to pursue compensation for asbestos-related diseases, like mesothelioma, lung cancer, and asbestosis.
To do this, the firm helps those affected file lawsuits against asbestos product manufacturers to hold them accountable for hiding the dangers of their products for decades.
Asbestos law firms have experienced legal teams and support personnel dedicated to advocating for victims of asbestos exposure. Additionally, they offer victims the legal help, resources, and expertise needed to build the strongest asbestos cases.
If you or a loved one is suffering from an asbestos disease, an asbestos law firm and its trusted lawyers can help you.
Even if you don’t know where or when you were exposed, lawyers at asbestos law firms can help you connect the dots and win your case. Connect with a law firm near you with a free case review today.
- Access Financial Aid and Justice
- Learn About Your Options
- Contact Us for Free
Benefits of Hiring an Asbestos Law Firm
Some of the best asbestos law firms can help you in many ways, from building and filing your lawsuit to getting the most compensation possible.
- Ability to file multiple compensation claims against asbestos companies connected to your case
- Access to asbestos resources and experts
- Free case reviews
- Expertise in laws that could affect your case
- Help with gathering evidence to build a strong case
- Nationwide reach
- Representation in settlement negotiations and court (if a settlement is not reached)
What Types of Clients Do Asbestos Law Firms Help?
Asbestos law firms help people who have been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease.
Asbestos has been known to cause:
Many of the people asbestos law firms represent suffered occupational asbestos exposure, meaning they were exposed to asbestos on job sites without their knowledge.
Eligibility for Working with an Asbestos Law Firm
Whether they are patients or family members, many people may be eligible to work with an asbestos law firm.
You may be eligible for an asbestos case if:
- You’ve been diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease
- You’re the relative of someone who died from an asbestos-related disease
- You’re the estate representative of an asbestos victim
Additionally, you will need to file your claim within the statute of limitations (time limit) for asbestos cases in your state.
This can range from 1 to 3 years or more either from the date of diagnosis or the date of a loved one’s death.
If you’re eligible, Lung Cancer Group can help connect you to a top asbestos law firm near you. Call (877) 446-5767 now to get started with a free case review.
What Types of Claims Do Asbestos Law Firms Help With?
There are various types of claims for asbestos compensation, and asbestos law firms will help you determine the options that fit your case. This can sometimes mean filing multiple types of claims to maximize the asbestos payout you may receive.
Asbestos and mesothelioma lawyers can help people file:
- Asbestos lawsuits
- Asbestos trust fund claims
- Claims to get benefits from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Learn about each of these claims below.
Asbestos lawsuits are filed against asbestos product manufacturers, who knew the dangers of their products but hid them for decades to make a profit. Many of these lawsuits pay over $1 million to those affected.
There are two types of asbestos lawsuits:
- Personal injury lawsuits: These are filed for victims who have been diagnosed with asbestos-related diseases. These clients can seek compensation to cover medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
- Wrongful death lawsuits: These are filed by surviving family members of asbestos victims. They seek compensation for the loss of a loved one, covering expenses such as funeral costs and medical bills and addressing the emotional impact on the family.
A personal injury lawsuit can shift to a wrongful death lawsuit if the asbestos disease takes the person’s life before the case is resolved.
Most asbestos lawsuits reach out-of-court settlements but a handful may need to go to trial.
Asbestos lawyers at the law firm you work with will keep you updated throughout the legal process and notify you if the case settles or must be tried in court.
Asbestos Trust Fund Claims
Many asbestos companies were overwhelmed with legal fees due to past lawsuits and filed for bankruptcy. The courts required these companies to set up asbestos trust funds to compensate current and future victims of their products.
There is still an estimated $30 billion available in asbestos trusts today. Many asbestos victims are eligible to file claims with multiple trusts.
An asbestos law firm can help determine which trusts you may qualify for and file claims on your behalf to secure compensation.
Veterans may have been exposed to high levels of asbestos during their military service. As a result, they are at an increased risk of asbestos-related diseases like mesothelioma.
The VA offers a wide range of benefits for veterans with asbestos diseases that stem from serving in the military.
Notable VA benefits include:
- Low-cost or free health care
- Monthly disability compensation
- Survivor benefits
Lawyers at top asbestos law firms may be able to help you collect information needed to file for VA benefits. You can still file for VA benefits even if you’ve filed an asbestos lawsuit or trust fund claim.
Find a top asbestos law firm near you with a free case review today.
- Access Financial Aid and Justice
- Learn About Your Options
- Contact Us for Free
Asbestos Settlements and Verdicts Secured by Law Firms
Asbestos law firms play a crucial role in securing substantial settlements and verdicts for their clients.
- $11.49 million for a worker in Florida diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $10.2 million for a veteran in Washington diagnosed with mesothelioma
- $4 million to a U.S. Navy veteran diagnosed with asbestosis
- $2 million for a California construction worker diagnosed with asbestos lung cancer
- $2 million for a New York railroad worker diagnosed with lung cancer
Your asbestos or mesothelioma case deserves representation from experienced law firms that will fight to get you the highest asbestos payout possible.
What to Look For in a Top Asbestos Law Firm
When choosing asbestos lawyers and law firms to work with, look for qualities that can significantly affect the success of your case.
These qualities include:
- Ability to help families in all 50 states
- Access to extensive resources, like databases, medical experts, and researchers
- Decades of experience with asbestos and mesothelioma cases
- No upfront costs or hourly fees
- Past client testimonials that show satisfaction with the handling of their case
- Personalized attention to your case
- Track record of successfully securing compensation
Lung Cancer Group has partnered with top asbestos law firms that meet each of these qualities. Get connected with our team now by calling (877) 446-5767.
What To Expect When Hiring an Asbestos Law Firm
Once you find an asbestos law firm you like, you can expect your case to follow this process:
- Getting a free case review to determine your eligibility to file a claim
- Gathering evidence for your case like medical records and work documents
- Identifying the types of claims you can file
- Filing your claim before any state deadlines
- Receiving compensation from a settlement or trial verdict
The best asbestos law firms will work to make the process as easy and stress-free as possible, and many clients start getting compensation for their asbestos cases in as few as 90 days.
Find Skilled Asbestos Law Firms in Your Area
Being diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease can be incredibly overwhelming. Thankfully, top asbestos law firms are here to help you get the financial and legal support you need.
With decades of experience handling asbestos, lung cancer, and mesothelioma claims, the best law firms give you a fighting chance to seek compensation and justice for your illness.
Contact Lung Cancer Group today for a free case evaluation. Let us help you find top legal representation for your case.
Asbestos Law Firms FAQs
What is the asbestos lawsuit?
An asbestos lawsuit is one option for victims of asbestos-related diseases to access compensation. These lawsuits can sometimes award millions of dollars if handled by the right law firm.
These lawsuits are filed against manufacturers of asbestos-containing products because they knew of the dangers of their products but continued to profit from them.
Our partner asbestos law firms can help you file a lawsuit and get the highest payouts possible.
How do I get compensation for asbestos exposure?
To access asbestos compensation, contact an asbestos law firm as soon as you are diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease or if you’ve lost a loved one due to such an illness.
A law firm will help you build your case and file claims on your behalf so you can get the compensation you need.
Call Lung Cancer Group at (877) 446-5767 now to see if you may be eligible to work with a law firm that can help you secure compensation.
Will working with an asbestos law firm get me a higher settlement?
Yes, potentially. While reputable asbestos law firms cannot guarantee a specific outcome, their expertise can help you get the highest settlement possible for your case.
These firms have the knowledge and resources to build a strong case, negotiate payouts on your behalf, and pursue all available avenues for compensation.
Contact our team now to get connected with a law firm that can help retrieve the most amount of money possible for your case if eligible.
How much does it cost to work with an asbestos law firm?
The asbestos law firms we’ve partnered with operate on a contingency fee basis. This means there are no upfront or hourly costs, and the firms only get paid if they successfully recover compensation for you.
This fee structure allows you to work with a law firm without worrying about paying legal costs.